Contact Lenny's Public Relations:Jenna Duett
Marketing and PR Manager
US Small Business Administrator Karen Mills to Speak at Veterans Day EventNovember 05, 2012
When: November 12, 2012, 2 p.m.
Where: Lenny’s Sub Shop, 1015 Rittiman Road, San Antonio, TX 78218
Local Angle: Maj. Cody Roberson (U.S. Army Reserve, Fort Sam Houston), new owner, Lenny’s Sub Shop
SSG. Shilo Harris (U.S. Army, Ret.), local wounded warrior veteran, new owner, WIN Home Inspection
· Local military/veteran business success story for Veterans Day.
· VIP’s including SBA Administrator Karen Mills coming to San Antonio to highlight how the SBA has helped veterans start, grow and expand small businesses.
· The International Franchise Association, representing the franchise industry, will announce a one-year progress report in “Operation Enduring Opportunity,” a campaign to hire and recruit 75,000 veterans and military spouses, plus 5,000 Wounded Warriors, by 2014, in the franchising industry.
· Lenny’s Sub Shop to announce it is giving 15 free franchises to veterans by end of 2013.
· The creation of a new private sector fund to enable veterans to obtain small business loans.
This Veterans Day, as unemployment rates hover above 24 percent for some veteran age groups, two San Antonio veterans will be recognized as they open new franchise businesses. SBA Administrator Karen Mills will address the gathering, as will Maj. Cody Roberson (U.S. Army Reserve), currently stationed at Fort Sam Houston and the owner of the new Lenny’s Sub Shop franchise that will serve as the backdrop for the event. Local veteran and wounded warrior SSG Shilo Harris (U.S. Army, Ret.), a new San Antonio-area WIN Home Inspection franchise owner, will also speak alongside other expert speakers on the subject of expanding veteran-owned franchise businesses, including:
· Brent Alvord, President, Lenny’s Sub Shop
· Steve Wadlington, President, WIN Home Inspection
· Mary Kennedy Thompson (USMC, Ret.), President Mr. Rooter, International Franchise Association VetFran Committee Chair
· Mike Rozman, Co-President and Chief Strategy Officer, BoeFly